Okay so.... I want to start this by saying the modern day dating struggle IS REAL! My my...
I am a younger 21 year old female who has been tossed into the world where you can only find someone via the internet. Nothing seems to happen organically now a days. As soon as you leave highschool you really need to go out of your way to "make" something happen...
Let's be honest if someone walks up to you in the grocery store cause they think you're cute, and they try striking up an innocent conversation with you, you're going to think CREEEEPPPYYYY the whole time. So much so you will hardly even pay attention to anything being said aside from, how can I grab my spinich and run!
So... I have had my trials and tribunes with the online dating since I moved out at 17. I used Plenty of Fish, which wasn't bad, if you're willing to weed through about 150-300 people to find ONE who resembles the most mentally stable person of them all who hopefully won't hack you up into pieces on your first date. I met someone from there, we dated a few years, and it ended. He wasn't a great dude but I can't blame the site for that.... Can I?
Then Tinder... Oh Tinder.... Need I even approach this topic.
Hook up central is what Tinder is. Although, like POF, if you dig hard enough there are some semi-genuine people on there, but that's just it, search search search.
Match, well.. I never looked too closely into this one myself, but in my quick (free) profile I made the site appeared cheap and essentially just a paid POF...
Then that brings us to one of the last bigger names in the virtual dating world, eHarmony.
So I figured hey.. I have so many Tinder Nightmares, why not blog about a single girls struggles and stumbles through the eHarmony world. I find this to be the most promising, typically people will not pay money for a hook up site when there's Tinder for free! So here goes nothing, plunging into the deep.
I have a slightly different scenerio than most might have however. Forever ago I actually made a free eHarmony profile on their communication week. I can't say I ever used it because you couldn't see the photos without paying, and I like to see who I am talking to! Shallow maybe but I do... So I just revisited my old profile, and basically redid EVERYTHING on it... However I have many matches, and apparently 160 messages sitting on there... So once the payment goes though (Which is strangely taking more than just a second...?) I will see if those are still all there. Although I felt it may had just been easier to start from fresh.
So... I will let you know when I have an update. Although I feel as though I will be hiding most my matches on there, especially quite old matches.
Talk soon!
oxox
Single Girl Struggling
No comments:
Post a Comment